Waiting for the right film: Pooja Chopra


Pooja Chopra's story, starting from her early days to being 2009 Femina Miss India and going on to win the "Beauty with a Purpose" award in Miss World 2009 for her project " Nanhi Kali", followed by a host of titles and a battery of endorsements, seems straight out of a fairytale.

But scratch the surface and you'll know the girl has set her sights straight and knows where she is headed. Excerpts from an interview.

You were adjudged 2009 Femina Miss India- Miss World, how did it start?
Mmm! I was born in Calcutta and raised in Pune, as destiny would have it, I was crowned the Miss India East of 2009 and what followed was the Pantaloon Femina Miss India 2009. Everything happened in a jiffy, but I knew that I had to take charge. And I was the only girl to win eight titles all in just one year.

Who has been your inspiration?
It's my mom. If it was not for my mother's support I would not have been here today.

After Miss India, is it acting next?
To be honest I was not too sure about acting but I wish to thank Anupam Kher for having sponsored my acting course in his reputed institute and teaching me the nuances of acting. And now I feel acting is my calling and it's all what I want to do.

Any offers?
For a Miss India to get offers is no big deal, it's bound to happen to every girl who wears the crown but what is important is the choice of films. It's very important to take the right decisions in an actor's career, and since I plan to stay here for years to come, I have my eyes set on the best. I won't settle for anything less.

Would you like to act in Telugu cinema?
Of course, I would love to do Telugu cinema. For me it's the story, the director and my role that would matter, not the language. Look what an impetus the South has given to former Miss Indias like Ashiwarya Rai Bachchan and Priyanka Chopra. I too would most willingly want to join the brigade. 



Source: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com

Related Articles :


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Copyright © 2011 ShakerWorld All Rights Reserved.

Ready To Be Make Elegant Blog

Subscribe to My Blogger to Get Dialy Updates